State Education Agency Directors of Arts Education (SEADAE) consists of those persons at state education agencies whose responsibility is education in the arts (Dance, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts).
To support the professional effectiveness of individual members and provide a collective voice for leadership on issues affecting arts education.
To achieve quality, comprehensive, sequential, standards-based education in the arts for all students PreK-20.
To accomplish this:
- Identify and respond to key issues in arts education
- Strengthen our role in shaping arts education policy at national and state levels
- Maintain a communications network and forum for the exchange of ideas and the dissemination of data and other information
- Ensure ongoing quality professional development relevant to members' diverse needs
- Collaborate with other organizations to provide and support vision and leadership in arts education.